Scholarships in South China Normal University (Guangzhou) for International Student
Guangdong Government Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship
With the aim of encouraging increasing outstanding overseas students to study in Guangdong, promoting development of Guangdong High Education Management of Foreign Students, advancing International influence of Guangdong High Education, “Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship” has been set up by Guangdong Government to award foreign full-time students with excellent school performances.
- Requirements for application
The applicant must satisfy following conditions：
1). Undergraduate students currently reading in full-time courses and with formal academic qualification (freshmen students are not included).
2). Students need to have foreign nationality, supply valid foreign passport and visa.
3). Acquired fundamental Chinese Language Proficiency and supply relevant proof (Students studying in English-taught-program could relax this restriction in appropriate way).
4). Age under 40 years old.
5). Passed in all subjects of compulsory courses and no disciplinary records in the last academic year.
6). Have not gained or awarded with any other scholarship during the academic year.
- Necessary materials for application
(1) Application Form for Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Program（in Chinese or English）
(2) SCNU application form printed out from the admission website
(3) Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma recipients must submit Hope Certificate issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Transcripts in accordance with the diploma in item (3). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(5) A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English
This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants.
(6) Letters of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two faculty members from the institution where you got your education diploma of highest level. For undergraduate programs, one recommendation letter should be written by the principle of high school; For graduate programs, recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
(7) Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
(8) A copy of valid HSK5 certificate for those apply for courses instructed in Chinese except for the Chinese Language Undergraduate Course.
(9) A photocopy of an available Passport
(10) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
* The above documents should be bound on top left corner in the order from 1 to 10. No application documents will be returned.
* Please keep checking your email regularly in case of any application update and make sure your mobile phone number is reachable.
1). Bachelor degree student: RMB 10000/person
2). Master degree student: RMB 20000/ person
3). Doctoral degree student: RMB 30000/person